S R Lynn & Co become Handpicked Accountants. Read more.
Abolition of Class 2 National Insurance
The Government has delayed the abolition of Class 2 National Insurance until 6 April 2019. Read more here.
Payment in Lieu of Notice changed from April 2018
Payment in Lieu of Notice will be taxable as of April 2018 – More details in Tracy’s blog.
When does a Business need to register for VAT?
In her blog, Jo looks at VAT registration and items you can exclude when deciding if you need to register for VAT.
Rent a Room Relief
Do you rent a room out in your home or run a Bed & Breakfast? Jo explains your options if you earn over the £7,500 tax free allowance set by HMRC. Read Jo’s blog here.
Does the income from my buy-to-let properties trigger Class 2 and Class 4 NIC liabilities?
Jo sets out, in her blog, a series of questions you should ask yourself to determine whether you should be paying Class 2 and Class 4 National Insurance Contributions if you have buy-to-let properties.
Making Tax Digital – Update
The Government recently announced a new timetable for Making Tax Digital (MTD). For more details click here.
Auto Enrolment – changes and rate increases
IR35 Employment Status
If you are a limited company contractor, it is important that you have considered the possibility that your company may be subject to IR35 legislation. Read more in Corrine’s blog.
The Marriage Allowance will let you transfer £1,190 of your Personal Allowance to your partner. This is the amount of income people can get before paying tax.
To register your interest in the Married Couples Transferable Allowance with HMRC click here.
Previous blogs you may find of interest…
- AIA Increase
- Apprenticeship Levy
- Audit Exemption
- Budget 2017
- Business Cars Capital Allowances
- Business Travel Expenses
- Capital Gains Tax for Non-Residents – Sales of UK Residential Property
- Child Benefit Opt Out
- Class 2 National Insurance Contributions
- Companies House Filing Dates
- Company Directors and the National Minimum Wage
- Construction Industry Scheme
- Dividend Payments and Documentation
- Dividend Tax Rates
- Employment Allowance
- Employment Status Indicator
- Financial Thresholds
- Gender Pay Gap Reporting
- Income Shifting
- Interim or Final Dividend?
- Junior ISAs
- LISA Savings Account
- Limited Liability Partnerships
- National Minimum/Living Wage
- Part-time Carers
- Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme
- Should you charge VAT to Overseas Customers?
- Student Loans
- Tax Free Childcare
- Trading Disclosures
- Useful Figures
- VAT Fuel Scale Charges
- VAT registration and de-registration thresholds