Remember : once you have completed your payroll year end, you need to give your employees a P60 before 31 May 2019.
Property Tax Changes – Sale of own home Principal Private Residence Relief
You do not pay tax on the sale of your own home if you have occupied throughout the period of ownership. For periods you have not occupied the house tax may be payable. Find out more in Jo’s Blog
A Spring Statement in the eye of the Brexit Storm
The Chancellor rose in a parliament preoccupied with the ongoing Brexit drama to deliver a Spring Statement on the state of the economy. There were no new tax measures and only minor changes, which can be viewed here.
Making Tax Digital Guidance and Links
We have noted a few HMRC links on MTD that you may find useful.
Registering for VAT after 1 April 2019?
If you’re required to register for VAT after 1 April 2019, Making Tax Digital for VAT will apply to you. Read more in Jo’s blog.
Company Car Advisory Fuel Rates increase from 1st March 2019
Full details and details of the amounts to pay for electric cars here.
HMRC Tax Calculation Forms P800
If you receive one of these calculations from HMRC, we would encourage you to check them. More info in Jo’s blog.
EIS Schemes and Directors
Do you qualify for EIS relief? Jo explains in her blog.
S R Lynn & Co become Handpicked Accountants. Read more.
The Marriage Allowance will let you transfer £1,250 of your Personal Allowance to your partner. This is the amount of income people can get before paying tax.
To register your interest in the Married Couples Transferable Allowance with HMRC click here.
Previous blogs you may find of interest…
- AIA Increase
- Apprenticeship Levy
- Audit Exemption
- Budget 2018
- Business Cars Capital Allowances
- Business Travel Expenses
- Capital Gains Tax for Non-Residents – Sales of UK Residential Property
- Child Benefit Opt Out
- Class 2 National Insurance Contributions
- Companies House Filing Dates
- Company Car Advisory Fuel Rates
- Construction Industry Scheme
- Dividend Payments and Documentation
- Dividend Tax Rates
- Employment Allowance
- Employment Status Indicator
- Financial Thresholds
- Gender Pay Gap Reporting
- Income Shifting
- Interim or Final Dividend?
- IR35 Employment Status
- Junior ISAs
- LISA Savings Account
- Limited Liability Partnerships
- National Minimum/Living Wage
- Part-time Carers
- Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme
- Should you charge VAT to Overseas Customers?
- Student Loans
- Tax Free Childcare
- Trading Disclosures
- Useful Figures
- VAT Fuel Scale Charges
- VAT registration and de-registration thresholds