Bought something on holiday for your business?

You’re in Europe on holiday and see something you need for your business, i.e. IT equipment.

How do you account for the VAT?

The best thing to do in this situation is to tell the seller that you intend taking that equipment back to use in your business in the UK. If you provide them with your VAT number plus the name and address of your business, the seller can then zero-rate the sale.

When back in the UK, you can then account for the VAT on the goods on your UK VAT return and on the same return reclaim any of the VAT you are entitled to according to the UK rules.

If you would like us to complete your VAT return, give us a call on 01908 227055 or drop us an email.

< Back