HMRC’s Tax Calculation Forms P800

HMRC have been sending out tax calculation forms P800 and PA302. 

If you receive one of these calculations from HMRC, we would encourage you to check them.  In particular interest, dividend and rental income figures as these could be estimates, as HMRC will not have had  direct access to these amounts, unlike employment and pension income and state pension income. 

If you submit Self-Assessment returns, you should not receive one of these forms.  If you do, you need to call HMRC and ask them to cancel the form. 

If you need any help with checking a calculation from HMRC, then please give us a call on 01908 227055.